Increase In School Meal Price
17th July 2023,
Dear Parents and Carers,
As we are all aware, everything at the moment has increased in price significantly. We as a school, have been trying extremely hard not to pass on those increases to you all as parents and carers.
Unfortunately, the time has arrived that we need to increase the price of our school meals. We have not had a price increase for at least four years, even despite other schools increasing their prices.
We are planning to increase the price of a school meal from £2.30 to £2.50, we know that you will support us in thinking that the price rise is a reasonable amount and still offers good value for the variety of nutritious and balanced food that we have available for the children.
Our school menus are available on our school website Havergal Lunch and Break Menus
The new price will start from September 2023.
If you are in receipt of any benefits listed below you may be entitled to free school meals. Free school meals are provided to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 as part of a Government incentive even if you are in receipt of benefits. In addition, the school receives additional pupil premium funding for children where their parents are in receipt of the benefits below.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Support inder Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more that £16,190)
Should you feel that you are entitled to Free School Meals, please apply using the following link:
Should you have any concerns or wish to speak to me please contact the school office.