Our text for the term is 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' by Jeff Kinney. Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a popular American fiction book series which follows Greg Heffley, a middle-schooler who illustrates his daily life in a diary. The children love reading this book and using it to inspire their own writing. We will be writing a range of non-fiction and fiction pieces such as a biography, character descriptions, setting descriptions, diary entries and a balanced argument.
Remember to practise your times tables up to 12 x 12 on TTRockstars at home.
This term we will be covering:
- Number lines and rounding numbers to the nearest 10, 100 and 100.
- Telling the time in analogue, digital and 24-hour format
- Converting between different units of measure (g to kg; cm, mm and m; ml and l)
- Solving problems using 4-operations
Some useful websites for you to use at home are:
Geography: The Amazon Rainforest
Our learning questions for this geography topic are:
- What are the different climate zones of the world?
- What is a biome?
- Where are the rainforests?
- What is the climate and life like in the Amazon rainforest?
- What is the Amazon rainforest important for trade?
- Why is the rainforest under threat?
Our art learning is based on the work of Henri Rousseau. We will learn about his life and discuss his works of art. We will experiment using pastels, practise drawing rainforest animals. recreating on of Henri Rousseau's art work, as well as creating a mixed media jungle scene.
This half-term, we are continuing our Animals including humans topic.
In which, we will:
- Name the parts and functions of the digestive system.
- Make our own digestive system.
- Identify the function of teeth in humans.
- Construct simple food chains
- Investigate how different liquids affect our teeth and contribute towards tooth decay.
In French this term, the children will continue learning likes and dislikes.
In our lessons, we will:
- learn new vocabulary
- practise pronouncing words and sentences correctly
- practise writing sentences using the correct spelling and grammar.
We will combine and consolidate our learning on food and likes and dislikes by having a French picnic in class.
In music this term, the children will be following the Charanga Music Scheme based around the songs
“Stop” and “Lean on Me”
PE on Tuesday is with Mrs Towlson and Mr Withers and Mrs Barker will be teaching the children PE on a Wednesday. Please remember to wear your PE kit to school every Tuesday and Wednesday. Make sure you wear navy joggers and a navy hoodie, sweatshirt or fleece as gets cooler, as most lessons will take place outside.
On a Tuesday, the children will be participating in target games and on a Wednesday they will do gymnastics.
Why do some people think Jesus is inspiring?
The children will:
- explain why Christians believe Jesus is so inspirational
- explain who inspires them and why.
- name some of Jesus’s “I am” saying
- learn about beattitudes, parables and miracles of Jesus
- examining stained glass windows and designing their own