The aim of our Music curriculum is…
- To provide opportunities for all children to create, play, perform and enjoy music, to develop the skills, to appreciate a wide variety of musical forms, and to begin to make judgements about the quality of music
- To provide opportunities for children to express themselves and be creative, to empower them to shape their world through sound and allow them to exercise their imaginations.
- To boost pupils’ self-esteem with a growing sense of positivity, teamwork, resilience and encouraging each other to be successful.
- To build co-operation and mutual support by promoting the importance of working harmoniously with others towards a common goal.
- Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, and life to everything… Without music, life would be an error. (Plato)
- To build life skills such as empathy, problem solving and communication, and a sense of responsibility and commitment.
- To develop pupils’ self-discipline through dedication and regular practice.
- To foster a love of music and stimulate pupils’ interest in learning a musical instrument.
- To give an insight into our own culture and musical heritage and those of others.
- To provide an all-inclusive Music curriculum, which brings everyone together and develops personal relationships and skills to prepare for life after Havergal.
- To bring our school to life! Music has a positive impact socially and academically, as well as on mental health and wellbeing.