Your child's Individual School Attendance Target is 96% or more.
Unauthorised Absences are those which the school does not consider reasonable and for which no 'leave' has been given. This includes;
- Waiting for a delivery
- Going for a family day out
- Children who arrive late to school, after the registers have closed
- Going shopping or for a hair cut
- Because it is your child’s birthday
- Term time holiday/cheap flights
- Parent’s illness
- Parents keeping children off school unnecessarily
- Absences which have never been properly explained
Where there is no explanation for an absence or where the explanation or reason for the absence is considered unsatisfactory, absence will be recorded as ‘unauthorised’. The Local Authority may contact you where unauthorised absence continues to be a problem. Unauthorised absence could result in a Penalty Notice Fine or other legal action.
Every half term we run reports to highlight any issues/concerns that we have with children's attendance. If your child's attendance is below 96% you will receive a letter to try and address the decline in attendance.
Please see the link below to view the letter that is sent out to parents.
Should you have any further queries please see our full Attendance Policy below.