This half term, the children will learn to –
- count to and across 100, forwards and backwards, beginning with 0 or 1, or from any given number
- count, read and write numbers to 100 in numerals; count in multiples of 2s, 5s and 10s
- given a number, identify 1 more and 1 less
- identify and represent numbers using objects and pictorial representations including the number line, and use the language of: equal to, more than, less than (fewer), most, least
- read and write numbers from 1 to 20 in numerals and words
- read, write and interpret mathematical statements involving addition (+), subtraction (−) and equals (=) signs
- represent and use number bonds and related subtraction facts within 20
- add and subtract one-digit and two-digit numbers to 20, including 0
- solve one-step problems that involve addition and subtraction, using concrete objects and pictorial representations, and missing number problems such as 7 = ? − 9
- Weigh objects and solve weighing problems.
- Find the length of objects and solve length problems
- Find the volume of objects and solve volume problems
This half term our learning will focus on
Reading and spelling simple and multi-syllabic words that contain initial sounds, phase 3 and phase 5 sounds The focus will be on spelling words that contain these sounds.
Phase 3 sounds include – ai, ee, igh, oa, oo, ar, or, ur, ow, oi, ear, air, ure, er, ay, ou, ie, ea, oy, ir, ue, aw, wh, ph, ew, oe, au, ey, a-e, e-e, i-e, o-e,u-e
Phase 5 ay, ou, ie, ea, oy, ir, ue, aw, wh, ph, ew, oe, au, ey, a-e, e-e, i-e, o-e, u-e
Other sounds of a, e, i, o, u
Other sounds of ow, ie, ea, er, ou
Other sounds of y, ch, c, g, ey
*Identifying words to describe characters and inferring the characters feelings
*Sequencing events in stories
*Learning the differences between fiction and non-fiction texts
Writing –All our writing this half term will be in response to the text 'BIlly and the Beast '
We will focus on spelling words correctly and writing correctly punctuated sentences .
We will write words and sentences for a variety of purposes including descriptions of characters and settings, posters, letter writing, poems, retelling the story, recounts and non-fiction writing.
We will also continue to work on the uses of capital letters, full stops, exclamation marks and question marks.
This half term our topic is ‘Homes in the Past’
Investigate the variety of homes today and in the past. We will look at the similarities and the differences between them. The children we learn about objects in a Victorian home.
This half term our topic is Perfect Pizza. We will investigate different pizzas and their toppings. We will plan and make a pizza of our own and will use a variety of tools to do this. Finally we will evaluate our products.
The children will work on the following topics and take part in practical activities using Purple Mash.
Lego Builders – A unit designed to help the children understand algorithms.
The children will follow and create simple instructions on the computer and consider how the order of instructions affects the result.
We will continue to use ‘Charanga’
Our unit this half term is called “Round and Round ”
The children will
Listen and appraise a variety of songs and complete some of the following activites.
Musical Activities – learn and/or build on your knowledge and understanding
about the interrelated dimensions of music through:
a. Warm-up Games (including vocal warm-ups).
b. Flexible Games (optional extension work).
c. Learn to Sing the Song – step-by-step manageable learning chunks spread over the 6 steps.
d. Play Instruments with the Song. Play the given parts or your their compositions/improvisations
e. Improvise with the Song
f. Compose with the Song (over the coda section of the song). As a class, using the given notes, create a group composition.
Perform the Song – perform and share their learning
During this half term, our topic is ‘Be Yourself ’
This unit is inspired by the idea that having confidence to 'Be Yourself' can have a positive impact on mental health and emotional wellbeing.
The children will
*Identify their own special traits and qualities
*Identify and name common feelings
*select times and situations that make them feel happy
*Talk about what makes them feel unhappy or cross.
*Explain how change and loss make them feel.
*Understand the importance of sharing their thoughts and feelings
The children will answer these questions
- How can I ask someone their name?
- How can I tell someone my name?
- What is Spanish food like?
- Can I count to 5 in Spanish?
- Can I count to 10 in Spanish?
We will learn about the seasons of Spring and Winter.
We will think about how the weather changes and how human, plant and animal activity changes in each season.
We will carry out a variety of investigations and think about a famous scientist.
This half term or topic is salvation.
The children will learn about the Easter story.
This term, the children will continue to develop their gymnastic skills and their throwing and catching skills.
The children will be taught by Mrs. Barker for one lesson and Mrs. Pinson-Bradley for the other.