Modern Foreign Languages Curriculum
The aim of our Languages curriculum is…
- To develop pupils’ communication and language skills that lay a foundation for future language learning.
- To enhance pupils’ awareness of the multi-lingual and multi-cultural world we live in.
- To give an insight into our own culture and those of others.
- To develop key skills: speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar, spelling and learning strategies.
- To extend knowledge of how language works and explore the differences and similarities between English and other languages.
- To foster an interest in learning other languages and stimulate pupils’ curiosity about languages.
- To provide an all-inclusive MFL curriculum, which develops personal relationships and skills to prepare for life after Havergal.