Autumn 2 2023
This term our English will be based upon the story of Little Red Riding Hood.
We will be reading the traditional tale and compare with other versions of the story. We will also read traditional tales with a twist.
We will perform the story using puppets, speaking with expression and giving the characters voices.
We will retell the story in written form using different sentence types.
We will write character descriptions choosing and using interesting adjectives.
We will write a letter from one of the characters to apologise for our behaviour.
We will plan and create our own version of the story.
We will also use the poems The Magic Box and Ten Things Found in a Wizards Pocket to inspire us to write and perform our own poetry.
This half term our maths will focus on:
- adding and subtracting numbers using equipment, drawings, written methods and mentally
- adding two 2-digit numbers
- subtracting a 2-digit number from a 2-digit number
- solving problems using addition and subtraction
- counting on and back in jumps of 10 from any number e.g 15,25,35,45....
- mental recall of number bonds to 10, 20 and multiples of 10 to 100
- We will continue to recall our multiples of 2 and 10.
- We will learn our multiples of 5 and 3.
- We will investigate sorting 2d shapes in different ways according to their properties
- we will make 2d shape patterns and describe our patterns using mathematical language
- we will identify and describe the properties of 3d shapes including the number of edges, vertices and faces
- we will identify the 2d shapes on the surface on 3d shapes for example the square faces of a cube
- We will learn to collect information in an organised way and interpret and construct simple pictograms, tally charts, block diagrams and tables
- we will ask and answer questions about what we have found out
This term we will be learning about our local area.
We will :
- Look at maps of the local area and draw our own maps of the village of Shareshill and the surrounding area
- We will use Google Maps to find places in the local area and identify human and physical features
- We will use the four points of a compass to give directions
- We will use a selection of books, photographs, maps and atlases to find information
- We will use our atlases to find and name the four countries of the Uk, name capital cities and draw their flags
This term our Science is Living Things and Habitats.
- explore and compare the differences between things that are living, dead, and things that have never been alive
- identify that most living things live in habitats to which they are suited and describe how different habitats provide for the basic needs of different kinds of animals and plants, and how they depend on each other
- identify and name a variety of plants and animals in their habitats, including micro habitats
- describe how animals obtain their food from plants and other animals, using the idea of a simple food chain, and identify and name different sources of food.
Art and Design.
Our learning for this term is called Colour Chaos!
We will :
- learn about a different artist each week including Mondrian, Rothko, Klee, Kandinksy, Pollock and Delaunay
- we will learn about how they became artists and look at and discuss their artwork
- we will investigate creating artwork in the style of these artists
- we will learn about abstract art and how they expressed themselves using shape, line and colour
- we will create our collage pictures in the style of Mondrian
- we will use the primary colours to mix and make secondary colours
- we will use black and white to create shades and tints of different colours
- we will produce our own colour wheels and colour washes
- we will learn how to use watercolour, block and ready mixed paints to create different colours and effects
We will continue to learn how to count to 10 in German, how to say hello and goodbye, answer the register and will learn a Christmas Carol in German too!
R.E is taught by Mrs. Barker
Our music this term is based on the song Ho Ho Ho by Joanna Mangona and Jane Sebba.
We will be using and developing our key musical skills of listening and appraising, performing, composing and improvising.
We will enjoy listening to a range of other music styles too!
In our computing this term we will investigate the use of spreadsheets:
• Learn spreadsheet related vocabulary.
• Use copying, cutting and pasting shortcuts in 2Calculate.
• Use 2Calcuate totalling tools.
• Use 2Calculate to solve a simple puzzle
• Explore the capabilities of a spreadsheet in adding up coins to match the prices of objects
• Add and edit data in a table layout.
• Use the data to manually create a block graph.
Our PSHE this term is Safety First.
We will focus on everyday dangers, in the home and outside, and how we can keep ourselves safe.
We will also learn rules to keep ourselves safe around strangers, both in real life and online. We will learn about what kinds of behaviour are appropriate and what is not appropriate . We will also learn about people who help us and how to get help when needed. We will also think of ways that we can be responsible for our own safety as we get older.