Wkb 06.04.20 Home Learning Week Three
Another little note from Miss Pooler and Mrs Adams to say we miss you, we hope you are staying safe and well and we hope you are enjoying your home learning so far!
We hope you are working through your Home Learning Packs. In addition to the Home Learning Packs we will also be putting up weekly activities to cover different Early Years areas.
Please can you take lots of photos of the activities you are taking part in so we can share when we go back to school.
- Using your number line call out a number and see if your child can say one more and one less than the given number.
- Go on a 2D and a 3D shape hunt.
- Measure the length and height of everyday objects. Can you find an object longer/shorter than this object? You can use everyday objects to measure e.g. cubes, paperclips, hands, feet.
- White Rose home learning: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/early-years/
When writing remind your child to use their phonics to clap and sound out words, remind them of tricky words, remind them to use a capital letter, finger spaces and full stops. Please encourage your child and allow them to phonetically sound out the words e.g. when writing ice-cream your child may write ighs kreem. This is phonetically plausible for us to read back J
Phase 3 diagraphs/trigraphs: zz,qu,ch,sh,th,ng,ai,ee,igh,oa,oo,ar,or,ur,ow,oi,ear,air,ure,er
- Write a shopping list
- Send a card (Easter card, Get well soon card)
- Write instructions on how to plant a seed – please see template How to plant a seed
- Daily phonic sessions online- YouTube Mr Mc- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTcZnvuTeovlznioLRo0GOA
- Mr T’s phonics (Geraldine the Giraffe:
- Jolly Phonic songs on YouTube
Please refer back to your reading log which was sent home in your home learning pack.
- Read with your child everyday
- Find a word in a book and see how many rhyming words you know. E.g. cat, bat, mat etc.
- Watch Jolly Phonics on YouTube- Phase 2 and Phase 3 sounds
- Phase 2 and phase 3 captions- Phase 2 captions Phase 3 sentences
Understanding the World
- Grow a plant and discuss the changes that occur. Talk about what a plant needs to grow. Water the plants.
- Cress is a great to grow as it only takes a few days to notice changes and they can also use it in an egg and cress sandwich. Take a photo or ask your child to draw a picture of any changes.
- Read the Easter story – Easter story
- Easter home learning challenge – Easter home learning challenge
Expressive Arts and Design
- Create a puppet show- The children really enjoyed the Punch and Judy show
- Create a rainbow
- Charanga online music – you have been sent your log in details by text. Please sign in and have a go at listening to the music. See if you can find the rhythm. Enjoy listening to familiar and have a go at learning a new nursery rhyme.
Fine motor activities
Fine motor development is a skill needed to be able to control and build strength in the small muscles in your child’s hand and fingers. Without fine motor skills your child will not be able to write or hold objects using the correct grip.
- Using children’s scissors
- Threading e.g. beads on pipe cleaners, pasta necklaces
- Daily PE with Joe Wicks
- Just Dance on YouTube
- Enjoy going for a walk with your family
- Learn to ride your bike
- Make a hopscotch