Wkb 04.05.20 Home Learning Week Seven
Hi Reception, we hope you enjoyed learning about a life cycle of a frog last week. We are really missing you and can’t wait to see you all soon.
There are activities to complete each day and links to help you find the resources online.
Remember to record any work you complete in your exercise book.
Take care, have fun and keep smiling!
From Miss Pooler and Mrs Adams
This week we will be learning about the lifecycle of a butterfly.
Reading- Please refer back to your reading log.
Please read a selection of fiction and non-fiction books about butterflies and caterpillars. Here are a selection of books with links you can read online. Please feel free to find more books online or if you already have some at home enjoy reading those aswell.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75NQK-Sm1YY
Elmer and the butterfly- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdyo4ykh2WA
The crunching, munching caterpillar- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upBBLJDYTWY
Kipper the dog- The butterfly- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVTTcC-ubhA
Non-fiction books/ videos
When writing remind your child to use their phonics to clap and sound out words, remind them of tricky words, remind them to use a capital letter, finger spaces and full stops. Please encourage your child and allow them to phonetically sound out the words e.g. when writing ice-cream your child may write ighs kreem. This is phonetically plausible for us to read back J
Phase 3 diagraphs/trigraphs: zz,qu,ch,sh,th,ng,ai,ee,igh,oa,oo,ar,or,ur,ow,oi,ear,air,ure,er
Before writing a fact file and completing your lifecycle of a butterfly workbook please use videos and non-fiction books to find out facts and information about frogs and a lifecycle of a frog. I have included some facts and websites for you to read to your child and to watch which will help.
Lifecylce of a butterfly powerpoint- t-t-5221-butterfly-life-cycle-powerpoint
Lifecycle of a butterfly workbook-T-T-141-Butterfly-lifecycle-workbook_ver_2
Lifecycle cut and stick (or draw) – t-t-12809-eyfs-butterfly-life-cycle-cut-and-stick-activity-_ver_1
Facts about butterflies- Butterfly facts
Learn a few new facts and write them down so you can tell other members of your family about the butterlfly facts you’ve learnt.
- Watch Jolly Phonics on YouTube- Phase 2 and Phase 3 sounds
- Tricky word songs- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvMyssfAUx0 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R087lYrRpgY
- Daily phonic sessions online- YouTube Mr Mc- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTcZnvuTeovlznioLRo0GOA
- Mr T’s phonics (Geraldine the Giraffe):
Monster phonics is a new website to help with home learning. Please use this free login:
This website has daily phonic activities to help teach phase 2 and Phase 3. Log in and click on Term 3. Each set of lessons lasts for 2 weeks and focuses on a traditional tale. Read through the story in the PowerPoint and work through each of the suggested activities. Have fun and enjoy your phonic sessions.
*NEW* Free access to Collins Big Cat phonics books
Go to Collins connect and click on the Teacher portal and enter:
*NEW* TWINKL phonics mats- Phonics Activity Mats with Sound Buttons
- Numbots- https://play.numbots.com/#/intro-
- Your child will have log in details that were sent home
- White Rose home learning: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/early-years/
- White Rose have added daily activities which link to a book with a video and activities for you to have a go at.
- Butterfly doubles to 10- t-tp-1061-butterfly-doubles-to-20-activity-sheet
- Butterfly doubles to 20- t-tp-1061-butterfly-doubles-to-20-activity-sheet
- Fingerprint painting symmetrical butterflies- t-t-27947-complete-a-symmetrical-butterfly-pattern-fingerprint-activity-sheet-_ver_1
- Days of the week- Can you put the days of the week in order and draw what happened on each day when reading ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ Please see link in reading section for the book.
Understanding the world – Understanding the world involves guiding children to make sense of their physical world and their community through opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment.
On Friday 8th May, many people will be celebrating VE day. I would like you to find out some information about VE day and may be have a mini celebration at home with your family
VE Powerpoint- T2-H-4788-VE-Day-Powerpoint_ver_3
Actvities to try:
Make your own bunting or flag –T-M-477-Union-Jack-Colouring-Sheet
Have your own picnic party in the garden
Write a postcard to send to a family member with how you celebrated VE day
Make a medal- t3-h-123-design-a-ve-day-medal-activity-sheet_ver_1
Expressive Arts and Design
- Try making a model of a life cycle of a butterfly. You could use playdough, paper, card, junk modelling. Please take a photo I would love to see these models when we go back to school J
- How to draw a butterfly-T-T-2546426-How-to-Draw-a-Butterfly-Activity-Sheet_ver_1
- Charanga online music – you have been sent your log in details by text. Please sign in and have a go at listening to the music. See if you can find the rhythm. Enjoy listening to familiar and have a go at learning a new nursery rhyme.
- Daily PE with Joe Wicks
- Just Dance on YouTube
- Enjoy going for a walk with your family
- Cosmic Yoga
- Go Noodle
- Play Simon Says
- Make an obstacle course
Fine motor activities
Fine motor development is a skill needed to be able to control and build strength in the small muscles in your child’s hand and fingers. Without fine motor skills your child will not be able to write or hold objects using the correct grip.
- Pencil control
- Scissor control
This week in RE we will be learning about Ramadan.
Ramadan information – t-re-182-eyfs-ramadan-facts-for-kids-powerpoint-_ver_3
Ramadan paper plate and moon decoration- t-tp-612-ramadan-paper-plate-moon-and-star-decoration-craft-instructions
Paper lantern decoration-t-re-357-ramadan-lantern-paper-craft