A Brief Overview of Geography Curriculum
• A renewed emphasis on locational and place knowledge, human and physical processes and some technical procedures, such as using grid references.
• A renewed commitment to fieldwork and the use of maps, as well as written communication.
• Sets out only the core knowledge that students should acquire.
• Focus on UK – though greater detail is specified
• New Locational knowledge: the world’s countries
• New Locational and place knowledge of Europe [including Russia] and the Americas. Physical and human geography at a regional scale
• New Position and significance of latitude, longitude etc
• New/Same Key aspects of physical and human geography [includes settlement, rivers, the water cycle]
• New Compass directions, use of OS map conventions. Greater emphasis on fieldwork