Online Learning Agreement.
Thank you for taking the time to read this agreement.
Staff at Havergal want to ensure that we provide the best online experience for all our children.
To keep your child/children safe, two members of staff will be present in all lessons for safeguarding purposes.
Please remember that most staff have never delivered online learning before and adjustments will need to take place over the next few weeks as we work out what works well online for individual classes of children.
We politely request that you read and follow the guidance below when taking part in online learning.
*Never use some or all of the materials provided for any purpose other than your own child/children’s learning.
*Never place any of a teacher’s video or audio file on any on-line platform or social media platform.
* Never record any part or whole of a live lesson.
*Never edit any part or whole of a live lesson.
- Ensure that others in the pupil’s home know that they are engaged in a lesson to avoid unnecessary or inappropriate distractions.
- Ensure that children are wearing sensible and appropriate clothing that would be deemed acceptable on a school non-uniform day.
*Understand that other students will also be inside their homes, which may also be visible on camera, and that children and adults should be respectful that this is their private space and is not a subject that should be discussed with them or with others.
*Use the ‘mute’ function when instructed to do so by the teacher.
- Cut the camera feed to stop the visual link when instructed to do so by the teacher.
- Agree that if I (parent/carer/child) am involved in a live lesson and I do not adhere to any of the rules above I will be removed from the lesson by the teacher.
- Accept that if I (parent/carer/child) am removed from a lesson by a teacher, I will not be permitted to rejoin the class until the teacher or a senior member of staff has spoken with my parent/carer.
General Learning Expectations
*The normal high expectations of behaviour are expected from parents, carers, and children.
* All interactions and engagement will be focused, polite, and respectful at all times.
* Understand that this is a new way of working and that sometimes things will go wrong and staff may not be able to fix the problem immediately or as soon as you would like.
* Ensure all work is completed to the work to the best of your child/children’s ability.